Thursday, September 26, 2013

UP CLOSE and PERSONAL with CHE...

Chelissa Ann Vidal
San Jose, Sta. Rita,  Pampanga
09353041468
chelissa@ymail.com

_____________________________________________________________________

PERSONAL DATA
Date of Birth            :July 12, 1994
Age                             :19yrs old
Place of Birth           :Manila
Civil Status               :Single
Citizenship               :Filipino
Religion                    :Roman Catholic
Mother’s Name        :Delia Vidal
Occupation              :Self Employed
Father’s Name         :Silvestre Vizcayno
Occupation              :NONE

EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT

PRIMARY:
Santa Rita Elementary School
San Jose, Sta. Rita, Pampanga
Year Graduated: 2006
SECONDARY:
Santa Rita College
San Jose, Sta. Rita, Pampanga
Year Graduated: 2010
TERTIARY:          
Mary the Queen College, Pampanga
GSO Road, San Matias, Guagua, Pampanga
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
(Fourth Year College)

Dreams and Aspirations:

As I journey through the challenges that go along my way, never in my life did I cease dreaming of a better life. To dream for me is to be alive, to push myself to do my best no matter what. Having a picture in my mind the implications of success which I started to visualize since I was a little girl, I am motivated  to pursue my studies and finish a degree.  I dream of my family having a good future, seeing them delivered from the bondage of poverty. More than uplifting our status in life and having a stable job, I aspire to become a reporter, a CPA and business woman. I know many dreams may not come to reality, but I live with these dreams to help me to go on with life.  With these in mind, I strive to make the best out of me.  I also believe that it is only when I have touched the lives of others that I can have a successful life.  I have felt in my teaching values to the young children as something that is rewarding and self-fulfilling and I know with the experience, my dreams and aspirations are not far-fetched.  


1.       What are you fondly called by family members, friends and relatives?
My family call  me Che-Che since I was a little girl. Some of my friends have given me pet names such as “chie”, “bata”, “yumi”, “little sis”, “prenbes” and “couz” , though  my relatives call me “che”.


2.       Hobbies and Interests:
A hobby that can relieve my everyday stress is watching television. For some reason I often caught myself sitting in front of television watching news, dramas, talk shows, documentaries and including cartoons that catch my attention. Watching makes me gain knowledge which contribute a lot in my formulation of ideas. Other interests include meeting new friends, listening to people with wisdom and learning new things.  

3.       What motivated you to join PaCEF?
My best motivation are my dreams in life. The very reason why  I am facing all the challenges  is that I believe that after all these years of sacrifices, I will  finally get my diploma. I have tried several times before applying for a scholarship and I have never stopped praying, that’s why when my Theology teacher, Mrs. Charito Acuna advised me to apply to PaCEF as scholars, I immediately went to the office of Ma'am Fe Gonzales to apply for the said scholarship.  Thank God I was lucky enough to be chosen. I know I can share my knowledge, values and abilities to inspire the young minds of the children. This  keeps my burning passion to teach values and stay in PaCEF.

4.       What are some of the memorable experiences you had with the school children?
The first day of teaching at school and being a student teacher is the most memorable experience that I have. It was so stressful and frustrating, I was so worried because I don’t even know how to teach the subject matter and how to manage a class of 52. I was really nervous because I don’t have any experience of teaching before and I really do not know how to get the attention of the pupils. Those challenges for me were really unforgettable because they have given me the opportunity to grow and to learn new things. I will never forget the moment I have inspired the lives of the children and the way they have touched my life. The experience I know will remain in my heart for the rest of my life.

5.    If you have recommendations in terms of the teaching and learning process, what would these be?
Changes are inevitable, and we have to adapt according to the environment, situation and people surrounding us. To change the learning process is to consider  the complexity of the system itself and the demand of the teachers and admin staff. But if I am going to suggest changes, it would not be the way we teach, rather, it will be to know the needs of the students. Something realistic, like the values education and reading session that give immense help.  If we listen to every story of each pupil which affect their behavior, something will touch your heart.  It is a reality that some of them  do not have  food to eat, no pencil to use, no parents to guide them and no slippers to wear. To know and realize the needs of the pupils is what I would want to be given focused to.

6.       What are the changes PaCEF has done to your life as a student and as a person?
PaCEF has challenged me to balance my studies and my responsibility as a student teacher. It has helped me to  open my eyes to think not only for myself but also for my pupils. It is not easy to adapt one self to new situations, but I was able to manage, accept, and appreciate it. More than the financial reason, PaCEF has contributed in improving my personality, having discipline, patience, and perseverance. I was once also one of those elementary pupils who dream to pursue my college which my parents have not experienced. Thank you for the opportunity to become one of the scholars or student-teachers. It has changed my perspective about life.  I know that with this experience I will  value education more and keep my values as I go along my journey to  life.




No comments:

Post a Comment